Who I am
I’m Andrew (or Indri in Maltese) Mackay, A.K.A Indri Yoga.
indriyoga.com is where you can read about and book private and small group yoga & meditation training in the north of Malta.
What personal data this site collects and why
- Analytics: indriyoga.com uses the open Matomo analytics platform to analyze and display statistics like how many visitors the site gets, where they’re from, which pages and blog posts are most popular, which yoga class pages are visited most and so on. I chose Matomo instead of Google Analytics because your visit remains anonymous and the data stays here — not on a Matomo or Google server or anywhere else.
- Tracking: There is no Facebook Pixel, Google Ads or other advertising/social media tracking mechanism on the Indri Yoga website and there never will be.
- Contact forms: Any information you send in a contact form stays with Indri Yoga and isn’t shared outside the office.
- Browser Cookies: If you leave a comment or review a yoga or meditation class on the site you can choose to have your name, e-mail address and website saved via cookies so that you do not have to enter your details again should you decide to leave another comment. These cookies are set to last for one year but you can delete some or all cookies from your computer anytime. Just look up the steps for clearing cookies specific to the browser and device you’re using.
- You need to create an account to book a yoga or meditation class here at indriyoga.com and when you do, WordPress, the open source platform this site is built with, will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Several cookies will be created when you login to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- You can install the Privacy Badger extension (a project of the non-profit Electronic Frontier Foundation) for most popular browsers to detect whether you’re being tracked.
- Real Cookies: If I happen to have real cookies or banana bread (vegan of course) and you’re here for tea after a yoga or meditation class, we share.
How long your data is retained
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. The site also securely stores any personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit (anything except your username for this site) and delete your personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have to your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of your personal data. You can also request to have your personal data erased. This does not include any data I may be obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Where your data goes
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- PayPal processes the booking payments securely on its platform, or you can pay cash at the class.